2 hours 10 mins
Author: Chef Dennis
Recipe type: Entree
· 1 -8 bone center cut rack of pork
· olive oil
· sea salt & black pepper or my fav- Montreal Steak Seasoning
· 2 carrots -rough cut
· 1 small onion-rough cut and include skins
· 2 stalks of celery- rough cut
· 6 cloves garlic peeled
1. preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. In a roasting pan add your rough cut vegetables
3. rinse the rack of pork well and pat dry
4. place rack fat side up, on top of cut veggies
5. apply liberal amount of olive oil, rubbing it into the meat
6. sprinkle entire rack with sea salt, pepper, garlic, and onion or just use my personal favorite Montreal Steak Seasoning instead of the other seasonings.
7. place pan in preheat oven at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
8. after 15 minutes reduce heat to 325 and continue to roast for 1.5 – 2 hours or until internal temperature on the outside of the racks has reached 160*
9. This will ensure the outside of the pork is well done while the center cuts are not cooked quite as much. *
10. Remove the Rack from the oven placing on a cutting board and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing the meat. This will allow all the juices to remain in the rack, rather than have them run all over the plate, making the meat dry.
11. While the rack is resting, place 2 cups of water in the roasting pan and place on the oven and with a spoon loosen all the baked in meat scraps from the pan, making your pan gravy.
12. Strain out all of the vegetable pieces and any residue
13. Cut the rack along the bones, making even portions of the pork, serve with your pan gravy and your favorite sides!
*when you remove a larger cut of meat from the oven it will continue to cook and the temperature of the meat will rise 10 more degrees.
*Pork can be eaten at lower temperatures than 165 degrees, but if your entire party would like the meat very well done, you can continue to roast the rack until the center cuts are 155 degrees/